Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

On Monday we went to a pumpkin patch and picked our pumpkins, they were kind of the few sad last ones and had a few soft spots but luckily the didn't rot away before the big night. We carved our pumpkins for Bryan's lunch on Halloween.This is Oliver's Pumpkin, he didn't get too fancy. It was his first halloween, he has his whole life to carve a complicated pumpkin. He put his first tooth on it. He doesn't have his first tooth yet, that's just wishful thinking.
Bryan's pumpkin is the symbol of the rebel alliance from Star Wars. One of the children that came trick or treating to our house said "oh, that's from star wars." So I answered with a general yeah, I think it's the rebel group thing. . . which led to "Duh, it's the rebel alliance." and he told me all about it. Mine pumpkin is Mickey Mouse and by far the most complicated pumpkin I've ever carved. I used one of those fancy templates off the internet so I pretty much cheated. But I'm still dang proud of it. A group of kids stopped to take a picture with our pumpkins on our front porch. I'd like to think that they stopped because of our pumpkins awesomeness. Although chances are they do that with all the pumpkins on porches as they go collect candy from strangers.

1 comments:

J-Babe said...

Hey those turned out really cute! Don't worry Olliver will get teeth soon!