Friday, December 19, 2008

Just say no

A couple weeks ago me and Bryan were attending a ward Christmas Party. That day was full of surprises as I rushed around trying to accomplish all the things I needed to.
First was a trip out to the 4H Farm where I was taking pictures,
swiftly followed a 2 hour gift wrapping shift at Barnes and Noble for the Museum,
then I had to rush to Staples to get a few things printed,
run home and get my baby and husband dressed for a night of fun and parties,
rush to the church set up 6 nativities and put together 7 posters and hang them in the appropriate spot,
watch a couple people sing,
run to the museum to eat ham and other goodies,
run back to the church to mingle,
pack up my 6 nativities,
clean up after the party,
then finally get home around 10:30 to find out I had to teach the YW lesson the next afternoon.

I just can't say no when I'm asked to do things. I really love to do things too. So I'm not complaining. The problem is really my time management. Bryan is sick of living in a world I've created that always begins with "Oh, crap, bryan, I have to..." So he lectured me about saying no. I need to plan my days and say no to activities that are too crammed to fit in. After this long lecture that was right in the middle of my mingle time he promptly turned around to say "yes" to the one thing that I would have no problem saying no to. I wouldn't even hesitate to say no to singing in church. I love to sing in Choir but anything less than 10 people makes my stomach turn and I literally get sick. My voice gets high and squeaky but somehow still sounds flat, I lock my knees and pray that I will pass out. So now to make everything even greater we both have nasty colds which leads to a nasely high squeaky duet of Mary's Lullaby.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I wish I could be there to hear it... And I'd like to say that your days will get less full, but I bet you find ways of keeping the same schedule, just with less stress. Of course, this is coming from a person who realized the day before leaving the country that her passport had expired. Talk about an "oh, crap" moment...

J-Babe said...

So are you guys singing a duet or something?? You are brave and you can do it:) It is hard to juggle everything but somehow it always works.

Bita said...

Oh jeesh! Good job Brian for teaching you a lesson about saying 'no'! It is okay to do that occasonally. Good luck ofb yoiur perfdormance!! You can do it!

xox