Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wordfull Wednesday - Caring for your Family

The topic is "Caring for your Family - How do you let them know you care about them? What do you do as parents to show your children they are loved? "Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children." (Family Proclamation, paragraph 6)" Go check out what others are writing at chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com

Hmmm, this is a tough question for me but at the same time it's not so tough. I grew up in a family that was very open about our love and caring for each other and that has transferred over into my marriage and my family. Bryan and I love to hold hands at church, we tell each other we love each other and share a kiss every time that we leave the house, and we end every phone conversation with "I love you."
I hope that every moment I spend listening to Ollie's stories, watching "Little Mermaid," or having teaching moments lets him know that I love him and care enough to take the time out of my day to share that time with him.
I try to live so that there isn't any doubt in my family's mind that I love them. I don't want to have the regret of anything happening to them and me not doing all I could to tell them how much I care or to give one last hug.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I love holding hands with my husband. And kissing in front of the kids and all that mushy stuff. I think it really does make for a healthy and happy family!

kjha said...

I sometimes even call back to say I Love You if for some reason we don't say it...

Montserrat said...

I love giving kisses to my husband in front of the kids and hearing the younger ones say, "EEEEWWWWW!"

JRoberts said...

My boys loved little mermaid...sometimes I wanted to scream after the 100'th time that day! :)

I love to have the grossness factor when my kids report to their friends that their parents kiss in front ot them! :)