Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple Picking

Today, Bryan went golfing for the first time in 10 years. I was really excited for him to go until I woke up got dressed, got Oliver dressed, put together the diaper bag, put on my shoes then walked out my door to realize that Bryan had taken the car with him and left me high and dry all day. It wouldn't have been so bad but I wanted to go apple picking with some of the ladies in my ward. (Don't worry, this story has a happy ending. ) So I took Oliver back up the stairs and hoped that Bryan would be home soon. Did I mention this was at 9:00? When 11:00 rolled around I started to lose hope. I was not going to make it apple picking. I took off my shoes, stripped Oliver down to his onesie, and rolled up my sleeves to get some cleaning done. Bryan finally rolled in around 3:00 and I told him my story and he was very sad for me so he took me apple picking. He's such a sweet and wonderful husband. We drove all the way to Bethlehem Connecticut and grabbed a basket then headed for the orchards. . .We didn't find any good apples and we actually weren't trying very hard but we had a lot of fun taking pictures and ended up just buying a bag of already picked ones from the farm. You can see all the fun things that we did with our basket.

5 comments:

clarisajo said...

my husband is handsome!

Anonymous said...

Clair, His orange and white shirt is adorable! I seriously can't believe how big he's getting and I can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving time! You know you wont see him while your here cause everyones going to be playing with him! I'm so glad your keeping us (me) updated with pictures! He really does look like Bryan!

Anonymous said...

Hey, is your hair different? I want to see pic of it!

J-Babe said...

Your hair really fits you! Man I miss that kid! Hopefully he will be able to adjust to all the attention he will get when you come down! I know Lucas needed (and still does) a breather every once in a while. He is so dang cute and looks like Bryan. Oh btw, if you want some more apples, you can come pick some in my backyard:) Ok so the scenery is probably not as beautiful but they are some good apples!

Bita said...

Oh... how fun! Olli is as always totally adorable! He's getting so big! Bethlehem??? I never went to that town. Didn't know they had an orchard there. Glad to see you're having fun. And did you cut your hair? I can't really tell from the picture but .... is it really short???
Best wishes from OR.

xox