Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blacker Family Visit - Day 3

We went to Palmyra, New York. My favorite part is the Christus in the Visitor Center at Hill Cumorah. It's beautiful to just see the Christus but I love that this one is set in the Sacred Grove as the background instead of the heavens. It's very touching. We visited with my great uncle jimmy and great aunt marie. They are serving a mission at the temple in Palmyra and they were happy to have family visiting. We walked to the top of the hill and saw the statue then headed over the Smith Family Farm. There are some very sad and very happy stories that happen there. After that we headed to the place where the Book of Mormon was first printed. It's amazing all the work that had to be put into printing a book in those days. It was beautiful in upstate New York and I know that my family really enjoyed being there. BTW, this was Oliver's 3rd trip to Palmyra and he's not even 6 months old yet. . .Apparently, it is Gardner/Blacker family tradition to roll down the windows and scream when you go through a covered bridge. . .Aunt Marie took this picture, we love her."I hope they call me on a mission, when I have a grown a foot or two. . ."The Palmyra Temple. It's very beautiful and just kind of sneaks up on you.The Sacred Grove.
"Families can be together forever. . ."

0 comments: