Monday, October 13, 2008

Organic Laundry Soap and the Sock

Every week I do my laundry at the local laundromat. Let me tell you how it goes. . . I load my 2 garbage bags and basket of laundry, Oliver, and my diaper bag (which is pretty big.) Then I get to the local Laundromat and unload my 2 garbage bags and basket of laundry, Oliver, my diaper bag and to make things easy I leave my laundry soap and dryer sheets in the trunk of my car.
Today started out just like normal, I loaded the car, I unloaded the car. Then I went to the trunk to retrieve my laundry soap. Let me tell you about my laundry soap. This is special laundry soap bought 2 weeks ago at Costco in bulk size. It is made for sensitive skin, eco-friendly, bio-safe, smells like spring, and comes in an easy to use container with a squirt nozel. When your a mother of a 5 month old this is a very beautiful thing and you start to appreciate the little things in life. But my laundry soap was not in the trunk of my car! So, I thought, maybe I took it upstairs to my apartment. I then loaded everything back into my car and raced home. It was not in my closet, in the coat closet, in oliver's bedroom, under the bed, in the cupboard or up on the shelf and the only thing left was that it was forgotten at the laundromat.
I tell you that sad story only to turn and tell you a very sweet one about a lost sock. . . Oliver's lost sock to be more specific. I went about doing my laundry with my non organic soap and loaded up my car. I pulled out and noticed a lady was waving furiously, yelling and pointing at me. I immediatley stopped, rolled down my window and pointed at myself with a bewildered look on my face. "Yes, you forgot this and I just had to give it back." She then handed me a tiny 1 inch long song with a blue toe and heel. "Thank you," I politely returned and stared at the sock as she walked away.
What made this little sock so important? This was the second time the sock had tried to escape at the laundromat and still it has found it's way back to Oliver's foot. What is the moral of this story? I'd say that it is tiny things are cared about a lot and big things that come in bulk are not. Not only in socks and laundry soap but in people as well. So let's all try to care for the little things as well as the big things because they are just as important.

The End

5 comments:

Bita said...

Thanks for sharing this cute story! Those tiny socks are precious though! :D

Btw.... here's how you can comment on my blog. On the bottom of each entry is a list of tags and following that the option to comment on the entry. ;D It used to be a bigger, flashing 'comment' link, but I switched the layout of my blog and this one is quite small in comparison. lol

Lots of hugs and kisses to you guys!

xox

Jarmandashmar said...

clair I love your story!!! haha, I miss you guys, how are you doing? I can't believe how big they are getting, Ashlyn is huge! How's Connecticut!

J-Babe said...

Just letting you know that you have been tagged:) Check out my blog for more info.

Anji Coman said...

Next month you can get some more laundry soap from costco and hopefully it will remain safely in your car. What a pain!
Anji

Melanie said...

What a wise mother you are!