Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blacker Family Visit - Day 5

Today we went to Yale. It was actually really cool. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't too excited for this day. But it ended up being really cool. We also drove around to some of my Dad's old mission sites. We saw where he lived in Naugatuck (not sure on the spelling and too lazy to look it up.) and the Cadbury Factory and all the other things he remembered about it. Then we looked for where he lived in Chesire but we couldn't find it so he just told us some stories about that town. He was really excited to share with us all his mission stories and I really enjoyed hearing them. They were very special and I'm glad that I was able to help my dad share them.This is our family picture at Yale. Just so you know, Oliver takes all our family pictures from his stroller, so that's why he's missing from quite a few. This is the library that Indiana Jones rode a motorcycle through in The Crystal Skull. (I love Indiana Jones.)The inside of one of the Colleges at Yale.This is New Haven's green. The green used to be a lot smaller and was surrounded by a few cemeteries. But when Yale started to grow they decided that it needed to be bigger so they knocked down the headstones and planted grass. So this whole area is bunch of unmarked graves. Creepy, huh?Mindy, I saw this and thought of you. This is their Breast Cancer Awareness ad for the month of October. I like it and thought it was very clever. Yale had little political statements all over the place. Mostly written on the sidewalk with chalk. That's something I really wish I had been able to experience but at BYU-I there isn't a lot of debate about morals or ethics or anything. . .
This is a monument that symbolizes the growth of women. On top it has a circle that has all the years since Yale opened. In bold are the dates that women were first accepted to Yale and the date when Women equaled the number of men at Yale.

0 comments: